·· FAQ ··
Masu is Israel’s on-demand massage ordering service. Masu is where you can book first-class, reliable and professional massages in as little as two hours. At Masu we have some of the best massage therapists spread across Israel who, according to your location and schedule, make themselves available for when you book your session. A simple booking process allows you to pick the type of massage that you would like and have it at the comfort, convenience, safety and privacy of your home, hotel, office or event from 8 am to 10 pm every day of the week. Masu is the Get-Taxi/ UBER of massage therapy, using the very same technology to guarantee a reliable, relaxing, hassle free booking and payment for that all needed treatment.
We make sure to engage only the highest quality therapists in the country. We interview, test and keep only therapists who consistently get good to excellent reviews. All our therapists are certified/licensed from the top schools in Israel (like Wingate and Riedman International Centre) and insured and most have over five years working experience.
Yes, you can! We keep a log of all your treatments. As a member you can find the name of each therapist to ever treat you (go to your account details page). When ordering your next massage, you can request the same therapist by indicating their name in the 'Additional Information' box at checkout. We often have no problem matching such requests if the therapists are available. Keep in mind however, that we offer on-demand service and have no way to guarantee your chosen therapist will be available. If they are not available during your chosen time, we will get in touch with you and offer a different therapist with the same skillset or suggest a different time with the therapist of your choice.
Tipping is not required nor expected by our therapists, if however you feel that you have had an amazing experience (as we know that you will) and would like to reward your therapist for it, we are sure that they will not object. In Israel there is no customary minimum or maximum, so most important thing is just don't stress about it. We pride ourselves with providing high compensation and merit-based promotions. If you enjoyed your massage tell us about it and give your therapist a 5 star rating - that’s the best gratitude of all.
Once a booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. We do however understand that mistakes happen and plans can change and provide you with a cancellation policy which protects you as well as our therapists who go out of their way to fit your schedule. A refund minus any cancellation charges will be calculated as follows:
- Full Refund: Cancellation takes place within 20 minutes of booking or up to 4 hours prior to the scheduled massage date and time.
- Refund Less 150₪ Cancellation Charges: Cancellation takes place between 1 and 4 hours prior to the booked massage time.
- Full Charge (No refunds): Cancellation takes place within 60 minutes before the booked massage time.
After booking your Masu, you will get a confirmation e-mail. If you do not see it, please also check your spam/junk mailbox and call us if you have not received a confirmation e-mail. Double check that the address, date and time of your booking is all correct. Approximately 30 minutes before your massage, you will receive a reminder text message, informing you that your Masu is on their way. The Masu therapist will arrive with a massage table, fresh linen, essential oils and anything else required. All you have to do is open the door and be ready to relax.
Masu payments are currently all done online through PayPal's secure online payment system. To confirm your order, you will be asked to either pay by Credit Card or PayPal, and you will then be directed to a secure page where you will have to give your payment details. We do not work with cash in order to protect our therapist. Please note that a full refund it given if cancellations take place more than 3 hours before the session. If you have a gift code you do not need to use a credit card, unless you spend more than the value of the code (for example if you received a 1-hour treatment, but decide to book a longer one). Unless you wish to prolong your session, no cash or cheque is ever exchanged with the therapist ensuring a full relaxation experience.
We currently offer five different types of massages:
1) Swedish Massage is our most popular choice, it is a deep tissue relaxing massage which works best on bare skin and with essential oils;
2) Dry Massage uses is a full body massage which uses no oil (or little oil upon request) and is done in full clothing. The dry massage incorporates massage techniques from Shiatsu, Thai Massage and Twina. The treatment is carried out on a professional massage table.
3) Prenatal Massage is a hands-on relaxing massage is given to women during pregnancy (only after the 14th week) as well as after pregnancy (post-natal) and works best on a massage table with towels and cushions for comfort.
4) Deep Tissue Massage is based on the Swedish Massage but with slower movement and deeper pressure, it concentrates on specific areas of tension and pain rather than provide a full body treatment.
5) Sport Massage is also based on the Swedish Massage but is a more intense technique which focuses on movement (pushing against therapist) with less relaxation.
They all do wonders to the body and mind, reducing stress, muscle tension and pain. Our therapists are all certified from top schools in Israel and have years of experience. Most of our therapists are trained in various techniques including Medical Massage, Hot Stones, Tui Na, Reflexology, Trigger Points, Aryuveda, Lomi Lomi, Shiatsu, Cupping Therapy and more. If you have a special request for a different technique not included in our 5 options offered, you can request this in the 'Additional Information' box whilst booking a Swedish Massage. We are sure to match you with the right therapist!
You can extend your therapy beyond the scheduled time by coordinating with us via phone or email. To extend your therapy in advance please contact us at least one day before your scheduled session. During your session you can ask to extend your massage directly with your therapist and in accordance with their schedule. We are currently unable to accept credit cards during your session and you must therefore insure you have the exact sum in cash in case you would like to extend. Pricing for extensions is in accordance with the pricing on our home page.
If you have any more questions, please contact us and we will do our best to answer.